neMedIO is looking for a principal software developer to take ownership in and lead the development of our Quality Management system products.
As part of the neMedIO team, you will work with a small group to define, build, and support web-based tools for medical device clients. Because the team is small, you’ll always be close to the action...You should enjoy the challenge of balancing the needs of our customers, our business, and the technical quality of our product. As we grow, you’ll be supporting both our customers and the application itself, so flexibility, prioritizing and time management skills are crucial to your success.
Our current back end stack includes Ruby on Rails deployed on Google Cloud Platform using Postgres. Knowing how to test with Capybara as well as Rspec is a great plus. In the near future, we expect to implement Ember.js for our frontend.
A successful candidate will have most of the following skills:
- Genuine interest in / curiosity about in medical devices, robotics, and physical device design
- 7+ years of development experience
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails/ Postgres experience
- Software architectural experience, specifically web applications
- Knowledge of web security and best practices a huge plus, we run on a GCP Ubuntu VM
- Guide and mentor others in effective development practices, patience and empathy is huge for us
- Experience building initial projects in a startup environment
- Experience with a frontend framework such as Angular, Ember, or React
- Experience writing test in Rspec/Capybara
- Familiarity with Web APIS
- A few projects you built yourself or with a small team that you can show off to us
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Solid understanding of version control, if you've used Perforce even better!
- Ability to work in an environment that changes really quickly (we're a very small and scrappy team)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to care deeply about your work, but light hearted enough to acknowledge mistakes made by yourself and others and work to fix them
- Major plus if you are excited to work on technology in the medical field or have had experience working on projects in the medical field (device side, patient side, health-tech, HIPPA compliant apps, etc)
We would be super impressed if you have experience with medical device related standards such as 21CFR pt 820, 21CFR pt11, ISO 14971, IEC 62403 (Don’t worry though if you don’t know what this means, it’s pretty medical-device industry specific and we can teach you everything you’ll need to know)