neMedio is looking for a talented Front End Engineer to help us lower the barriers to entry for companies developing lifesaving medical device technology. As a member of the neMedIO team, you’ll play a large role in designing, building, and supporting our application’s React/Redux based user interface. Our development team takes pride in their craft and are constantly looking for opportunities to improve, you’ll always be close to the action...You should enjoy the challenge of balancing the needs of our customers, our business, and the technical quality of our product. As we grow, you’ll be supporting both our customers and the application itself, so flexibility, prioritizing and time management skills are crucial to your success.
A successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of front-end development experience building, shipping, and maintaining complex consumer applications
- Expertise with HTML5 and CSS3/Sass
- Familiarity with backend technologies and frameworks (preferably Ruby, Ruby on Rails)
- Experience Working with designers and collaborating on UX for front end (accessibility, performance, etc); QA and testing
- Experience using Git for version control
- Experience working in an agile development environment and using agile tools
- Experience with front end build systems like NPM
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - we are a small team that works together closely. You should be self-starting and motivated to build things on your own.
- Local to NY and driven toward our mission / desire to build something that makes an impact
Nice to have:
- Experience with building in a startup environment
- Major plus if you have had experience working on projects in the medical field (device side, patient side, health-tech, HIPPA compliant apps, etc)
- We would be super impressed if you have experience with medical device related standards such as 21CFR pt 820, 21CFR pt11, ISO 14971, IEC 62403 (Don’t worry though if you don’t know what this means, it’s pretty medical-device industry specific and we can teach you everything you’ll need to know)